Thursday, June 30, 2011
Monday, June 27, 2011
Saturday, June 25, 2011
So this week taking photos and listening to the sounds of the machinery, smelling fresh cut hay, smelling dirt and diesel just made me want to hop on the tractor again and drive around the field for a few hours. I miss it.
Friday, June 24, 2011
The story behind this photo. Picture early morning trying to get ready for the gym. Mind going a million miles a minute thinking of all the things to do today. Had to manually open the garage door and then as I pulled it down I squashed my fingers between the slates. "Oooh get it off, don't go down, go up, go up. " I then sink to the ground oh my god this #$&*% hurts!!!!! I crawl to the front door and ring the door bell it takes Eric forever to get to the door. But then I remember it's 6am and he's probably wondering what nutter is at the front door at this time of the morning. He opens the door takes one look at my hand and grabs some ice. I crawl in and place my face on the nice cool floor waiting for my head and stomach to stop swimming. The picture doesn't look as bad as the pain, it's a little purple these next days and the tips of my first three fingers are numb and tingly still. But this leaves me with the title. Is it just mommy brain setting in again and I do stupid things or is it that Cowbrough's at some point in their life have to squash their fingers nearly flat or until the skin bursts and fat pops out? I don't know but I think I am officially a Cowbrough because I've joined the club!
Thursday, June 23, 2011
Saturday, June 18, 2011
Friday, June 17, 2011
These photos are random photos taken over the years by my husband at various mines in various countries. So don't ask me about any details!!
Why I am writing about mining today is because I read an article in the local newspaper that got my blood boiling. Over the year as I have read the newspaper here in Kamloops I get more and more annoyed with how everyone complains about everything. How everyone rejects anything new coming into town or new for the province. It just makes me unhappy reading the paper and I have contemplated getting rid of the paper all together. I don't need to feel this way about the town I'm living in on a daily basic. Because it just makes me want to leave.
Today the paper wrote about an open house a proposed new mine was having for the city. Everyone was upset about everything!!! But what really hit me was the lady saying " This is the only mine I have every heard of so close to 85,000 people" The mine is to be located 10 km away from the town. Well I have lived in towns with the mine being a lot closer to the population then this!!! But excuse me I guess 10,000 or under people doesn't matter. I guess the hundreds of hours, years, and man power of research and testing that the mining people have down doesn't count. Therefore I should have kids with arms growing out of their heads and purple skin because I've spent the last 12 years of my life living in a mining town so close to the mine!!! The fact that people in Kamloops don't trust their government upsets me. The paper work and regulations that the mines have to pass before the government will even look at them is unbelievable and still people don't think their government has their best interest at heart. Well I guess that is true because the government spent millions of dollars on the Stanley Cup for the citizens best interest and still the people rioted. I could go on but then that would be talking with emotion instead of facts which many many of the people at that open house did. They couldn't give the courtesy to the project manager to do some research of their own to back up stuff they were spouting from their mouths.
Thursday, June 16, 2011
Wednesday, June 15, 2011
http://www.panoramio.com/user/80712 . Little Red Sweater man was wondering what was happening and then all of a sudden the water park started to go on. (they were testing it to see if all lines were working) So for the next 30 minutes we watched all the different parts of the water park go on and proceed to get Little Red Sweater man very very wet!!!
On the way back to the car we came across a mother goose with her babies and she gave us what for for getting too close.
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
Thursday, June 9, 2011
Tuesday, June 7, 2011
I had a good giggle from this article. Hope you have a giggle with it too.
Stay-At-Home vs. Working Parents
Questions to help spouses bridge the communication gap
By Heather Rigby | May 19, 2011
But lately I can’t help wondering if when I mention that my day was sort of stressful, he mentally thinks, “Yeah, my days are like that too.” Because I really don’t think that our days have the same sort of stresses.
When you decide to become a stay-at-home parent, you enter into a different realm — one ruled by illogical two-year-old dictators, school schedules, and choosing the correct color yogurt. As much as I can explain this to my husband, I don’t know that I’m getting through. Now I’ve done the next best thing: creating a list of questions that will help him and other office-bound parents gauge how (cough, cough) similar their days are to ours.
- When you walked into work this morning and pleasantly greeted your co-worker Jim, was his first reaction to scream “NO! WANT JASON!" followed by an office supply being thrown at you?
- Has a colleague ever climbed up on your lap while you were using your computer and slammed the keyboard with both fists until the up arrow no longer worked?
- Do you have to lock yourself in the supply closet or bathroom on a regular basis in order to make phone calls?
- Did you finish a complete thought at any time during the day?
- When you went out to lunch with your fellow workers, did you have to pack a diaper/juice/extra outfit for them? Did you have to wipe their faces? Smile an apology and leave an extra tip for the waiter on their behalf?
- When a co-worker needed you for something, did she sit at her desk with her head tilted back toward the ceiling and repeatedly scream “SEAN! SEEEEANNNN! SEAAAAAAN!” until you came to find him?
- When you needed a specific colleague, did you search all over for him, only to finally find him giggling in the cabinet under the sink? Did you also find six pairs of your church shoes under there with him?
- Have you had to come to an associate’s aid because she fell off her desk after trying to climb on top of it using a rolling chair?
- When you reached for the report a co-worker was handing you, did he snatch them away at the last second and scream “MINE!” while shoving you backwards?
- Does your colleague lift up her shirt and pick things out of her belly button every time she comes over to ask a question?
- While you are using the restroom, do various co-workers come in the stall and ask you to settle a disagreement or open a packet of fruit snacks?
- During a board meeting when everyone is present, do you notice a smell and then have to check all your colleagues’ pants to locate it? In fact, at ANY point in your day do you have to deal with another person's feces?