Monday, December 14, 2009

Minus 23!!!!!!!

That's right. I'm not faking it!! I ran out of the house to start the car and this is what greeted me. Temperature of minus 23. Eric warned me. But I didn't believe him. Yes the warm Australian weather with no snow shovelling, no extra clothes, no freezing nose hairs! But I fluffed him off saying I missed home. Hummmmmmm............
It is starting to feel like Christmas though. And as much as I would love to have a Christmas tree it won't happen this year as we will be away most of the season. So instead I did some other decorating around the house. Won the centre piece at Eric's work party. So that with nuts and oranges just feels like Christmas in Canada. I am also saying to myself that next year (if I don't decide we should just move back to Australia) in that huge new house with the fire place. Will look stunning with a huge 6 ft plus Christmas Tree in it.


So the rest of today. Owen and I are just curling up in the blankets and watching Thomas. I might venture out of the blanket to finish up my photo assignment and the gifts I am crafting, or just to get some lunch. We have to unbundle ourselves to get the girls from school and then head to the free H1N1 clinic at the hockey arena. Hummm the smell of stale boy sweat I have forgotten that smell. Tomorrow I hope that it is a little warmer Owen and I are off to help do Gingerbread houses at the school.
It's all good!

1 comment:

  1. NO WAY! Oh my goodness!! that is COLD!!!

    I wont whinge about 38 degrees here then shall I?

    ReplyDelete