Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Somedays this.....

 staying at home mom thing isn't so bad.   Sorry to my girls but it is usually when I just have Owen by myself during the day.    A day like today makes the lack of pay,  the taken for granted,  the same thing day after day, and the not what you thought it would be like staying home.  Actually feel like you imaged it to be.   It is on a day when my chores are done, not perfect but it looks decent and I'm content with it all.
We walk home from dropping off the girls at school and he waves at the garbage truck guy,   points at all the tractors,  ohh's at all the dogs , and asks if we are going home for tea?   That I just slow down and enjoy every moment.   Home for some more breakfast and a bath.   Taking the time to play with the great Winnie the Pooh bath toy we have.   Giggling and splashing water.   Asking what his name is only to be told "me".   Pointing at his nose and asking what it is.   It's mine!!!   It's is your nose?  Yes.   Can you say nose.   No mine!  
Warm hugs in the towels drying off.  More giggles, kisses,  and hugs.   Cuddling into my side as we have lunch together and watch a movie.   Playing with dolls, trucks, balls, and blocks.   Yes I could be doing more productive things.   But he is growing up and not my little baby.  He's funny and cuddly.  It won't last much longer.   I want to soak it in.   Smell him and cuddle next to him in my bed in the morning.  Because some day all my little ones will be adults and living their much longer life not in my house.   Hug all your little ones because in the skeem of things.    They really just want you for such a little time of our 80 plus years of life. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh Joanne, that is so beautiful and you are so right. I am going to give Zac and Moo a big squeeze right now!

    ReplyDelete