Tuesday, May 25, 2010

May Long Weekend

So the May 24 weekend.   In Canada we call it the 2 4 weekend after a case of beer which has 24 cans in it.   First holiday of the summer.  Though it usually rains and is cold the whole weekend.  This was the first weekend I have been that it was very nice.   So we drove to Quesnel, BC (4 hours) and then another 1hour in on off road roads.

So we traveled in about 20km an hour.   Got in to a very pretty little spot.   Our car is very under dressed compared to the others.  Eric looked at some of the trails and very quickly realized we weren't going to be doing them!!  He went off with some of the other guys to get a taste of the adventure.   The kids had lots of kids to play with. (about 9 were counted)  They got very dirty and feral.  But had a good time.  The bugs weren't bad as well.  I think I was out of my depth.   This 4WDing isn't my cup of tea (about 4 to 6 of the vehicles got injured and towed out which I don't think I would be happy with!!) but we got to explore some more of BC and the kids did love just running around exploring and playing with all the kids and dogs!!
Tomorrow back at the 100 faces challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment