Thursday, November 18, 2010

Creative or at least Trying

Now you may have seen this before on someone else's blog.  (though granted I suspect their carpets were cleaner looking!!!)    My photography teacher  said there was nothing wrong with copying other photographers.    Practice with one you like till your photos are almost the same.   You are learning, studying light,  creating.    Then when you have mastered copying that photographer try another or you might have learned what you do and don't like and start creating your own unique work.    
Well last year was the first winter back in Canada.   I forgot that it gets a little bleak and dull.   And I didn't miss that at all while in Australia.   So this year to prevent myself from getting sucked into the bleakness and get a little down.  I have decided to create everyday with "colour".   So I feel cheerful and inspired during this long winter season.     The next photos to come will be an idea copied with my touches thrown in.    Keep an eye out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment