Thursday, November 11, 2010

Remembrance Day

My family, both my mom and dad's side.  Have come from a long line of farming families.   So when war broke out.    Farmers were exempt as they had an important job of feeding the nation.   Not all farming sons did this.   So that is why we have a few veterans in our history.

 This is Keith Clark.   My mother's Great Uncle he died in the battle of the Somme in 1916 during WWI.  He was just 19.  (on my list to do is to go to France and see his grave as no one has gone from the family to do that)
 This is my grandparents.  My mom's parents.  My grandmother Margery and my grandfather Jack Curtis.  Jack went to war near the end and helped in Germany after war finished cleaning up and collecting tanks.  He was a tank mechanic. 
This is my grandfather's brothers and my grandmother.   George,  Margery and Crawford Curtis.   George was based in Italy for 2 years and Crawford was a 1st Lieutenant based in Africa for 2 years as well.

I remember today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment