Saturday, February 12, 2011

My little crafters

I'm de-cluttering because my mind is so cluttered.   One of my clutter projects (as well as being on my project list)  is my scrapbooking.   I have this huge container of scraps.   Can't throw them out  because I might use them.    Well I have been re thinking how I do scrapbooking.   Because I haven't been in love with it anymore.   I love taking photos.  And I feel that they need to be displayed not just left on the computer for some relative to be given the hard drive when I'm dead and go who is this?,  when is this?,  where is this?   Not much different then being given a box of old photos of relatives from the 1800's that we don't know anything about either.   Only it will be thousands of photos not just a few.
So: 

As much as I love these pages.  I'm going to finish my 2009 album since I still have a book and pages for that.   I will continue to do calendars and my kids year in the review albums but then I'm going to change to this:
A little bit old school but fast and I can still spice up the journal boxes.   So looking at all my scraps I decided to purge, throw out and cut them up into sizes I could use for this new type of scrapbooking.
( I found scraps I'd kept from 10 years ago!!!!   And I thought I'd use them!!!!)
So making all this cutting and snapping noise attracted the little ones to my side.   Where they asked if they could use all my scraps of the scraps to make something.   I said sure and soon I had three little fingers with glue, scissors, punches, and ideas beside me.   This is what they came up with:
(top Ciara,  left Hannah,  and front Owen)     I love it.   Now they sit on my scrapbooking desk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment