Friday, September 16, 2011

BC Farm Writers Association 2011 Fall Tour Day 3







Quilchena Ranch found me sleeping in a loft so the early morning light called my name very easily.    I explored the grasslands and hay fields.    Fell in love with the stone store.   Growing up in farm country in Ontario there are many many stone farm houses.   One of which I slept in my entire childhood.     So seeing one in BC is very rare and makes me homesick.   After a little more exploring it was time for breakfast and a quick pack to get on the bus by 8:30am.    We then continued our journey to Fort Berens Estate Winery in Lilloett www.fortberens.ca.   A little bus problem delayed us for quite some time so we were very late arriving at North Arm Farm  www.northarmfarm.com.   The lunch there was a perfect break from the long bus ride.    We then hopped back into the bus for a few more hours until we reached The Beach House Restaurant and Lounge in West Vancouver www.thebeachhouserestaurant.ca.    Stepping into that restaurant in our less then gorgeous farm tour outfits instantly lifted our travel weary moods and we had an amazing dinner overlooking the evening coastal views of Vancouver.    It was an amazing tour with amazing people and I'm so happy I got to have this experience.

1 comment:

  1. photo's are amazing...looks like you had fun. I'm hoping my rainbow silverbeet looks as inviting as the ones you took, when they eventually grow.

    ReplyDelete