Sunday, January 5, 2014

Day 1 - Macaroni and Cheese

Last years 365 days, 12 different colours plus 3 kids 365 days was a creative challenge.  I had a few greats ideas thrown at me for 2014.   I figured with doing a self photo of myself for 365 days maybe I had better do an easy one for my second 365 project.  Even though doing a portrait of a different person  a day was very intriguing for me.  So here it is day 1 and my mom's Macaroni and Cheese.  I hope to have you come here if you are stuck for a meal idea.  I hope to see what my family eats over a year and just maybe make myself accountable for how much I plate up for myself.
The sauce for macaroni and cheese
1/4 cup butter
6 tbsp flour
2 cups milk
2 cups grated cheese
Melt butter in microwave for 1 minute.  Stir in flour and milk until smooth. Microwave 5 to 6 minutes and then stir in cheese.  Pour over cooked macaroni and then place in over for 30minutes.  350F or 180C.  (my husbands mom made a homemade tomato sauce to go with this which he misses because I just make it plan- he pours jar tomato sauce on instead)

No comments:

Post a Comment