Sunday, January 26, 2014

Day 23 - Chili

American/Canadian style chili.  Now I have three recipes I bounce around between.  Today I felt like combining all three.  I use either a recipe my husband came up with to woo the women he dated.  My mom's recipe we ate as kids.  Lastly a Vegetarian recipe that I got out of the Looneyspoons cookbook.
My mom's is tinned tomatoes, hamburger (mince) and brown beans with chili powder (mexican powder here in Australia)
My husbands is: tinned tomatoes,onion,  green peppers, mushrooms, chili powder (mexican powder), hamburger (mince) , and kidney beans.
Chili Chili Bang Bang from Looneyspoons is onions, green and red pepper, celery, carrots, garlic , chili powder (mexican powder) mushrooms, tinned tomatoes, zucchini, corn, chickpeas, black beans, cumin, oregano,basil and cayenne pepper.

I just took all of these above and mixed them together with a lot of what I had in the house.   My family doesn't care.  If it is the original of all three or a mixture.   They just like it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment