Thursday, April 17, 2014

Day 104 - Vietnamese Bun

This dish takes some prep.
Finally chop carrots, cucumber and lettuce. 
Have some fresh vietnamese mint , basil or coriander as well.
Chop peanuts
Chop up some chinese jerky
Heat up some pre made spring rolls
Cook some rice noodles.   I like mine thick.  So I get special noodles from the Asian groceries.  More spaghetti thickness then the vermicelli in the stores.

Dipping sauce:
crushed garlic
crushed chili's (5 or 6)
7 tbsp fish sacue
7 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp water
juice of one lemon
Mix all these together and let stand

Meat:
I use chicken about 4 breasts with my family!
Cook chicken in oil with some finally chopped onions.  (green or shallots)
Add fish sauce, oyster sauce, dark and light soy sauce, garlic, palm sugar or brown sugar.
( I am sorry but I kind of wing it so it isn't too thin a sauce,  it varies for me sometimes it is a nice thick sauce sometimes more caramelized)

Then to service.  Layer noodles, then meat, top with some of the greens, sprinkle peanuts and jerky.  Top with spring rolls and then spoon as little or as much sauce as you want over the dish.
Yummy.  My favourite dish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment