Fish en Papillote (in Parchment) with Citrus, Ginger, & Shiitake(for one person increase as people you have)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- ½ teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 fresh shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced (I used regular because our store was out of anything else)
- 6 ounce skinless white fish fillet
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3 thin orange or lime slices
- 1 green onion, trimmed and cut into 2 inch sections
Preheat your oven (or toaster oven) to 450°F. In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, orange juice, rice vinegar, fish sauce, and sesame oil.
Stir in the minced ginger and sliced mushrooms. Set aside.
Season both sides of the fish fillet with salt and pepper.
Take a large sheet of parchment paper.
Place orange/lime slices on paper.
Place the seasoned fish filet on top of the orange/lime slices.
Spoon the mushrooms and sauce on top of the fish…
…and add the green onion stalks.
Fold the parchment on top of the fish and begin tightly crimping the edges together.
Make sure the packet is tightly sealed by turning and crimping the edges.
Place the packet on a rimmed baking sheet…
…and place it in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the fish is cooked through.
Remove the wilted scallions, and top with freshly minced cilantro and slivered green onions.