Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Morning Tea

The first photo I put in the blog. Isn't usually mine. I found a sight with cool coffee cup slogans. So I have been stealing them. The next photos are mine.
We are very popular this week. Morning tea at a friends just 15 km out of town on a property Tuesday morning. Morning tea at my house Thursday, and morning tea at a friends around the corner on Friday morning. My oh my. Weeks go by with no invites and then.....................................

Not complaining. There is always some new recipe we are trying out on each other. (this week banana bread, pumpkin scones, roasted tomato tart) The kids wear themselves out before nap time. Good laughs, good fun all around. Some occasional gossip!!!
Now in Australia tea is a term for every meal. Breakfast is always called brekkie, but then morning tea at 10 ish, tea for lunch, afternoon tea around 3 pm, and then tea again for dinner. Just look at the clock and you know what tea it is suppose to be. I love all the Aussie terms that get said over the course of the visit. Fair Dinkum after each sentence, kids are feral, arvo, spewing, good on ya, ropable, etc etc.
Time to clean up the kids mess. Owen is asleep so a few hours of extreme quiet here. I should do my assignment but I might just sit here and enjoy the silence for a bit longer. It's all good!

No comments:

Post a Comment