Tuesday, May 12, 2009

First Place and Life

Well the next four photos we my first place wins at the Cobar Show. The last two photos are my second place wins. I won my money back from my entry fee. It was just nice to have someone that wasn't family or close friends saying my photos were good. Complete strangers think so.





Today poor Owen has an awful cold and is very cranky. It is not helping that I am knee deep in organizing the Cobar Rugby Union stuff. The job got passed to me and it is a little unorganized so I can't put it down till I have it all sorted.
Also our piano is getting fixed. The ivory keys are popping off because of the different climate here in Australia so finally a piano tuner came to town and we are getting it dealt with. Yes the bill will be dear but the skill of this man is amazing. Cyril is his name and his is the most interesting 83 year old I have every met. He's fixing my violin as well because the tuning pegs aren't holding anymore. I could listen to him all day and Owen loves him. He was telling us about his WWII adventures at 18 years of age. He went over to Japan after it had been bombed to help clean up. Amazing the people you met on such average days.
It's all good!

No comments:

Post a Comment