Sunday, November 22, 2009

Do you miss it, do you???

Do I miss cold toes, wet mittens, snow down your boots causing freezing ankles and wet socks, wet pants making red cold thighs, slipping on ice........... well yes and no. I love the look of it at this time of year, as Christmas approaches. I love the huge grin on Owen's face as he tries to figure out all this for the first time. I love that the kids get exposed to all these memories as well as walking out into 47 degree weather that feels like you put your head in a oven, red dirt, lizards in the yard, tree frogs in the house (I saw geckos, tree frogs, and frilled neck lizards in the pet shop from 100-200 dollars!!! - seems so unnatural after having seen them in their natural environment for the last 4 years) So I don't miss all of this sometimes and then I miss it at other times. We tried to attempt a Christmas photo. Well I think we need another run at it when we get dressed in snow pants!!!







And whats with Kookaburra Lodge and watch out for Wallabies???? In snow I don't think so mate!!!!
It's all good!

1 comment: