Tuesday, May 18, 2010

#2 of 100 people

This is Christine and her sons Calder and Nathan.   Now with this project they said you may make a new friend out of this.   Christine was a stranger to me a few months ago but now she's a close friend.   We met at a Mother Goose Program and I over heard her say she had just moved to Kamloops.   So that interested me.   Then I bumped into her again a few weeks later at Riverside Park.  I went up to her and started talking.   She was rather shocked that I remembered her from such a brief meeting.  I found out we moved to Kamloops the same time in October.   Now we live about a 10 minute walk from each other in Barnhartvale.   I invited the whole family over for a party we had and needless to say now we see each other at least once a week so the boys.  Which are 2, 3 and 4.  Can play with each other.  Eric has had her husband Spencer over for some manly move things around the yard activities followed by beer.
So I have made a friend out of this project of going up to strangers and talking to them.   (though I didn't ask for her photo right off the bat!)

This going up to people is hard.   Today walking home from school.  I saw 2 great photos ops but I was too cautious to ask.   One was some tree cutters and the other the city and sewage company stopping with about 4 trucks and great facial character men coming out of them.    But the guys were up the trees cutting and the foremen of the city crew hopped out and started yelling that they were a half hour behind.   So how do you just go up to very interesting people that are super busy and ask to take their photo and find out their name.   I guess I could have waited until things had settled but I didn't. 
Well maybe after 30 people this will get easier.  So far I have just asked 6!!!

2 comments:

  1. maybe I might steal your idea but do 100 things 'round Cobarland....need to use the camera a bit more
    Saw Kim today and she looked qute refreshed.
    Keep up the good fight for interesting photo's.
    What's the worst that can happen, they say no, but I'll bet you when they do it won't be in a cranky way as it's a compliment that a stranger want's to take your pic!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I would have been so with you on a 100 things around Cobarland photo challenge.

    ReplyDelete