Monday, October 26, 2009

Deli's, Totem Poles, House Hunting, Halloween decorations and Reasons Why Franchise's Really don't come to small towns!!!!!!

I am sorry to all my fellow foodie friends out there. I have been exploring the many many grocery stores out here in Kamloops and the Deli's are unbelievable. French Brie from France!!! Irish Guiness Cheese, English Beer Cheese, and it goes on. But to all of you that said poo to me the bad side is I don't have anyone to invite over and share this with. I am still a little fish in a big pond without friends and only so much stomach to fit this all in.
I have been driving past this totem pole near if you can see in the corner a Tim Hortens donut store. Tim Horten was a hockey player. So including a little taste of our Aboriginal/ Native culture in this blog.
We have been house hunting. Nothing is jumping out at us and with this week being my week to decide where to put the kids in school so that we don't have to yank them out and put them in another school. Well it isn't looking good. I will have to just hope we find a house in the area of the school I am finding the most connection with. But we are enjoying see all the Halloween Decorations up around the town. Here is just one of the many blow up decorations out in front of many homes around here. The kids want to do it too but unfortunately this town house complex is pretty anal about what they do and don't allow so next year!!
Now for all of my friends from Cobar and Red Lake area that have been told over and over that store franchises can't come to those areas because there isn't enough people. I have found out last night the real reason they won't come to our area....... I was waiting in line at Walmart or close enough to a Big W in Australia. The lady in front of me went to the check out and the service lady told her she couldn't serve her because she knew here.?!?!?!? So there it is ladies. It isn't because there isn't enough people in Cobar and Red Lake it is because in small towns everyone knows everyone and therefore they can't serve any of us!!!!!!
Hope this gives you a laugh.
It's all good!

1 comment:

  1. well being an ex franchise owner myself their all over rated anyway. Hope you find a house soon. Gabby asked me today could we drive over to Ciara and Hannah's new house.hehehe that was fun explaining that one. We are well and besides having issues about walking I'm recovering excellently. put photo's of the bees at your old house on facebook.
    No real gossip going on except it feels like EVERYONE I know is fastly exiting Cobarland so there you go.
    kisses to everyone cheers sam xxx

    ReplyDelete