Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Remembrance Day and Exploring

Remembrance Day in British Columbia and it is a public holiday. So Eric and the girls had the day off normal activities. The girls had a Remembrance Day Assembly the day before. We didn't go down town to see the ceremonies. We watched the Toronto events on TV and talked about my grandfather the girls great grandfather and how he was in WWII. It had me remembering my mom's great uncle that died in WWI. How his body is still in France. How some day I would like to go visit grave and think about that young 17 year old with a pocket book of photos of girl admirers that came back to Ontario to his family. We may not have braved the day to watch but I remembered in a different way.
So we went out some bush roads to Duffy Lake and explored camping sites and new snow falls. A snow ball fight took place while I had a 10 minute nap in the warm sun.



No comments:

Post a Comment